Blogging is just like a virus when you are getting addicted in it. You have to keep in touch with your blog and your online network. It’s easy to do it with a laptop when you are away but what if you only have your phone? To do this you will need an internet enabled mobile phone with some nice data plans. Here are the things you can do with your mobile phone for your blog,
1. Check emails, send emails: You can use your phone to check emails and send replies. It’s easy to login to your email account with your phone for checking emails. You will know about important things to do and re-organize your schedule.
2. Read and moderate blog comments: Some of the comments systems like Disqus will send you emails when you will get a comment on your blog. You can see the comment, approve it, reply to it or even delete it. This will help you to keep the freshness of a comment discussion.
3. Micro blogging: Sites like twitter and plurk are great solutions to share information and status among your network. Micro blogging is the fast and easy way for fun, network and profit. You can download some applications in your phone to access the account or you can even use the text message service to update your status.
4. Social networking: You can use social networking sites with your mobile phone too. This will help you to keep in touch with your network. Most of the popular networks like Facebook, MySpace, YouTube or even Digg have their mobile sites.
5. Read RSS feeds: You can read your favorite blogs in your mobile phone. Google reader and other readers like Bloglines has mobile versions where you can read RSS feeds. Reading from a mobile device may be much tougher because you have to scroll a lot, so you can quickly check the headlines of those blogs.
6. Post images & videos from your phone: Some of the new features of different blogging platform is to post directly from your mobile phone. Shoot an image and send it to your blog and your readers will be able to see it. Blogger platform allows you to post images to your blog from your phone.
7. Check traffic status: It would be hard for you to check your blog traffic status from Google analytics with your mobile because you will need flash player. So sign up for other simple traffic status sites like SiteMeter. You can easily see your traffic stats from your mobile. You will know how much traffic you are getting to your blog.
8. Chat with your phone: It’s possible to chat with your friends with your mobile phone. You can use SMS, yahoo messenger or even any other third party chat application. Use chat to connect with your friends in real time.
9. Generate ideas for your blog: Use your mobile phone as your notepad. Write down all of the ideas, keywords and every topic you wish to blog. Use the voice recorder to record ideas or even use the video recorder.
10. Browse your blog: See your blog from your cell phone and get the experience. If it’s not looking nice, then make a mobile version of your blog. This way you will open up another way to explore your blog.
11. Bonus: And do you know, you can also call your friends and connect with them? Don’t forget that mobile phones are for call, so use that for your blog too!
12. Add another tip: What is your experience with mobile communications? Tell me some of your own opinion about using the mobile phone for your blog.
Please promote this article in your way; you could also give me a Stumble and Delicious if you liked this article and want others to read it too